Friday, March 25, 2011

MilSpouse Friday Fill-In

1. How did you and your spouse meet?

Andrew and I met my freshman year in high school, it was it his junior year in high school. We met at freshman orientation for JROTC. We didn't start dating until my sophomore year in high school.

2. What is the best thing about being a MilSpouse?

This lifestyle is unique in that it moves you all over the country. Because of this, most military people do not have family near by. Which means that your friends become your family. I cannot tell you how many holidays, birthdays, promotions, and good byes I have spent celebrating with my friends. Without them this lifestyle would surely become unbearable over time. One of the best things about the friends you make is that no matter who PCSes where you will always share this common bond and you know that there will be people at every corner of the country welcoming you with open arms should move.

3. What is the hardest part of being a MilSpouse?

Being alone is definitely one of the hardest aspects of this life. I know that I have the world's most amazing friends, but it doesn't make up for the fact that when I come home in the evenings my house is empty and there seems to be a hole in our family until he comes home again.

4. What is your favorite dish?

Oooo this one is hard. I love to cook and I love to bake so I'm not sure which one to choose. I think if you FORCED me to choose I would say that red beans and rice is my favorite dinner and fudge is my favorite dessert.

5. If you could change one thing in this world what would it be?

I would bring our troops home.



No comments: