Monday, March 14, 2011

Deployment Induced Insomnia

I don't know about the rest of you military spouses, but I definitely believe Deployment Induced Insomnia is real and here to stay! Whenever Andrew leaves I always have trouble falling asleep. I keep the oddest hours and it generally makes me a cranky person to be around since I'm not getting enough sleep nor am I getting quality sleep. I know some days it's just because I've had a bad day and I'm lonely. It's hard to face the empty bed on days like that, but I don't want to sleep on the sofa and start bad habits for the pups. Normally when Andrew leaves for a couple of days I sleep on the sofa with the pups, I can't do that for a whole year though. Tonight I just can't seem to fall asleep. I'm sure this whole day light savings time isn't helping me. My body feels like it's only 1 am while it's really 2 am. Everyone else in my house is sleeping though. I wish I had the life of my dogs or cats for that matter.

Tango sleeping on the sofa. She has been refusing to cuddle since I got back from Louisiana.


Shadow snuggled up next to me. She's such a cuddly dog.


Sue and Munchie snuggled up in the bed.

No comments: