Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Ten on Tuesday!



It's been a while since I've done a 10 on Tuesday. So, here's what I've been up to lately.

1. I eat sushi like it's my job. Seriously, Andrea, Holly and I walk into the local sushi place and they don't even really take our order anymore. They just confirm that we want what we always get.

2. When I type the word sushi I have to resist the urge to capitalize since that's the name of one of my cats.

3. Sushi LOVES shoes. Any shoes really, but particularly she love stinky shoes. Andrew's combat boots are generally her favorite, but since he's on deployment she's been getting by with sleeping on my gym shoes.
4. I am super excited for my best friend, Missy, to come and visit me in June. I've been homesick lately and
can't wait to have a little bit of it here with me in J'ville.

5. I had a dog trainer come to the house to help me work with Tango and Shadow. I was so relieved at the things she had to say. Turns out my dogs aren't bad after all. They just know how to push my buttons.

6. I'm working on knitting the cutest sweater. I'm super excited about it. I just finished the bust and am working on the lace pattern for the body. I can't wait to finish it and show everyone.

7. I am also working on the cool sock monkey blankets for a friend.

8. I miss my husband like crazy, but I'm tired of people thinking that means I can't live a normal life while he's gone. Why does everyone expect you to sit around and mope just because your husband is gone? That would drive me bonkers.

9. I am terrible at remembering to put out the trash and recycle. No seriously, if I put the trash out once a month we're doing great. The recycle tends to pile up in the garage for about 2-3 weeks before I get frustrated and just put it at the curb to sit until recycle day. I should probably figure out which day is recycle day and that would help some.

10. Cooking for one person is HARD! I always make tons and then have tons of leftovers I can't eat before they go bad. I tried cooking things that freeze well so I could freeze half, but I'm starting to get tired of the same recipes.

11. You get a bonus today! My garden is doing wonderfully!!!! I have flowers on my tomato, cucumber, and bell pepper plants!!!! I can't wait for them to have actual veggies (are tomatoes a fruit?) so that I can make salad.

No comments: