Friday, November 26, 2010

Stream of Consciousness

So, I have been up since 3:45am yesterday so that's about 22 hours and I've consumed so much caffeine that my brain is racing and I can't sleep. I thought instead of sleeping that I would share my most recent train of thought with you, just bear with me because sometimes the inside of my head is an "interesting" place.

I was listening to the radio and I heard a line in a song that was something like," I'm the son of a 3rd generation farmer" then like the next line is "I've been married 10 years to the farmer's daughter" which makes you wonder, "Did he marry his sister?" I mean this is Jacksonville, but I would like to think we're classier than Arkansas or West Virginia (lol).

Speaking of West Virginia I heard a really funny joke about them the other day (from a Chaplain believe it or not). Why did West Virginia cancel the nativity? Because they couldn't find 3 wise men and a virgin. lol. (bad joke I know).

I had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I went to Andrea's house where we had a TON of food and lots of people. It really was a blast. After I brought dinner to Andrew and Dink since they had duty today. I was bummed out that Andrew had stupid barracks duty today. I mean he's going to be deployed next year for Thanksgiving and he missed this one because of the MC too. I know I shouldn't complain because at least he's here and he'll be back in just a few hours which will seem like even less time if I can actually fall asleep!

Andrea, Holly, and I braved Wal-Marts midnight madness. They didn't have what I was looking for, but Holly got a kick ass Kitchen Aid stand mixer. I did get an artificial Christmas tree. I really am all for live trees, but since we're going to be home on pre-deployment leave for Christmas I figured it would be better to get a fake one this year, and hopefully I'll put it up again next year even though Andrew won't be home for Christmas.

If you know me you know how much I LOVE to decorate for Christmas and I just love Christmas in general. This year I'm dreading it. I almost don't want to put the tree up when Andrew gets home today nor do I want to put up our lights or even really decorate. I feel like if I just don't prepare for the holidays then they won't come and Andrew won't leave shortly after. I know that's stupid kid logic, but some days you take what you can get. I know that I'm going to bite the bullet and decorate and I'm sure once I start I'll get into the spirit and everything will be fine, but for now I'm going to sit here and pout while my food induced coma fights with my caffeine induced awakeness.

No comments: