Tuesday, November 30, 2010

10 on Tuesday

1. I survived Jane Wayne day (or at least that's what my t-shirt says). Andrew's unit hosted a day where the wives got to come and do the O Course (obstacle course), ride in MRATS ( I think that's what they're called), fire weapons in the weapon simulator, and eat MREs. The up side to all of this was Andrew got off early for his Thanksgiving leave because I went and played with big toys for a day!!
2. I finished my Clapotis. It's a knit wrap with drop stitch detail. I'm in LOVE with it. I need to wash it with vinegar to set the color and block it so it won't be all curled up like it is in the picture. I'll post another picture once I've finished all of that.

3. We put up the Christmas decorations!! I am excited for Christmas finally. I love Christmas and I definitely love decorating it so much so that I have more decorations then my house can handle. This year is the first year that we've had a yard though, so you better bet that after Christmas I will be buying lawn decorations on sale!!

4.I love our inside decorations. We have our stockings hung from our entertainment center (or as mom puts by the Wii with care) since we don't have a fire place, but I think it's fun.

5. Sushi helped as she does every year by taking up residence in the tree box and smacking anyone who walked past.
6. This is proof that Munchkin loves us. If you know our pets you know that Munchkin doesn't like to be touched or cuddled. She willingly came to snuggle with Andrew. She never snuggles with me, always Andrew.

6. I knitted this hat for Jill and I think that I'm in love with it. It's knit with super bulky yarn so it knits up really quickly and I just love it, it's so simple but it looks great.
7. Andrew and I are going home for Christmas and I'm so excited. We're also going to be able to make it home for Peyton's birthday party this year which makes me even more excited because we had to miss it last year since we couldn't go home for an extended period of time due to Andrew's class schedule.

8. Now that I have finished all the other knitting projects that I had going, I think it may be time to start my Christmas knitting. Nothing like waiting until the last second to make Christmas presents.

9. I need to sit down and make our Christmas cards in photoshop now that I think about it. I spent like 2 days making my sister's card, but I haven't even thought about ours.

10. I've been watching this series on Netflix called Whale Wars. I think these people are crazy. It follows an organization called the Sea Shepards on the quest to stop whaling. They're definitely extremists and I could never do it, but what they do makes for good television.

No comments: