Monday, October 18, 2010

What we've been up to

Andrew left for CAX Thursday last week.So, before then we tried to just get in some together time because this deployment is sneaking up on us faster than we expected it too. We went to Mike's Farm with some friends, Holly and Travis, to get pumpkins then we came back to the house and carved them. We also went on a dinner date for the first time in what felt like forever. Usually we're to tired or Andrew is super busy and gets home really late. Mostly we just spent time together.

The day that Andrew left was proof that the MC is nothing but a huge cluster fuck. Information was mishandled and never past on the guys. Things that were supposed to happen didn't. It was so frustrating for Andrew and me. It definitely put a real sour note on him leaving. What I think was the most frustrating was that it took me off guard and made goodbye difficult even though I know he'll be back in a few weeks and that he's safe. Now that he's gone I'm doing fine. It was just all the pent up frustrations with the MC came out when saying goodbye to him.

Now that he's away I've been hanging out with friends and just having a good time. We've been hanging out enjoying some wine and knitting mostly. Tomorrow I'm having a Slumber Party at the house. I'm excited for it. I had one for my 21st birthday and it was a blast. Then on Wednesday I'm headed home to visit for a week or so. I can't wait to spend time with my family and see my friends from back home. I miss everyone so much.

No comments: