Monday, July 19, 2010

The house drama continues

I was trying to add pictures of our not yet finished garage, but blogger keeps eating them. Oh well there is always next time.

Our garage has been built (YAY) though it feels as if all other work is at a standstill. They put the garage itself up in 2 days (yup 2 days!) So then why you ask is it not finished? Well, I'm wondering the same thing. You see they constructed this garage almost 2 weeks ago, yet it still has no siding, no garage door, no regular door, and I'm getting frustrated. I was last week that our closing which was supposed to be the 20th was going to be delayed until the 22nd this is now the 3rd time they moved our closing. The reason for moving it you ask, well it seems that the garage door will not be delivered until the 20th. UMMMMM so why is that the builder has known about this garage for almost 60 days yet the garage door won't be delivered until the date of our (already twice delayed) closing? Well I'm going out on a limb and saying because the builder is a freaking moron with no time management skills. Also, I was informed today that the guy who is supposed to be installing my siding fell off a roof and broke his back. How is this my problem, well I (again) have no freaking clue. So the guy who was supposed to do it can't FIND SOMEONE ELSE! There have to be tons of people in the vinyl siding business who could do this job. Furthermore, they finally started the touch ups on the inside of the house today. Yup again with the you've known about this for almost 60 days and you start NOW well I guess it's better than nothing. However, it's going to be a PITA for the painters because they now have to move all my furniture to do the touch ups. We lived in this house for 20 days with no furniture and the builder knew we had no furniture, I made sure to tell him that it would probably be easier to send the painters back them because every single baseboard needs to be repainted because the painter didn't caulk the nail heads in the trim work and you can see every one through the paint. But what do I know I'm just a stupid girl right.

In other news.

Andrew had his wisdom teeth out on Thursday last week. He's recovering ok. He was able to go back to work today on light duty so that was good. I love my husband dearly, but I was glad to see him go. I like when he goes to work. It gives me time to knit, read a book, clean etc. without him here. I like our together time, but some days I just like to be alone.

I have a job interview on Wednesday that I'm crossing my fingers about. The job sounds super interesting and is something along the lines of what I've been wanting to do with my degree, so I feel it's extra exciting. I'm really hoping I get this job. I miss having a purpose and going to work in the mornings. I'll let y'all know how it goes!

No comments: