Thursday, January 26, 2012

Color me a slacker

I just realized I haven't updated my post since November! Ooops!!! Faithful followers are you still out there?


A ton has happened since November. I spent Thanksgiving here in J'ville with my friends. A few days before Thanksgiving I had an unfortunate run in with a steak knife while doing the dishes. This made it very difficult for me to cook my portion of Thanksgiving dinner. Luckily, I have amazing friends and Holly helped me cook everything the night before so that we still had all the traditional Thanksgiving dishes for dinner. I had a great time eating good food, watching football, and playing board games with friends.

Christmas was CRAZY, but what else is to be expected? I drove the 14ish hours from J'ville to Louisiana with the two pups in tow so that I could celebrate with my family. I arrived in LA early enough to see my awesome mother graduate from UNO with her Master's degree and I got to celebrate my nephew's 5th birthday. After that celebrating was over I moved onto celebrating Christmas and New Years with my family. Then I headed home to J'ville to prepare for something even more exciting!

ANDREW IS FINALLY HOME!!!!!!! Yup, that's right, Andrew arrived home January 9th. We were two days shy of a 365 day deployment. I'm ecstatic to have him home and safe. I love having him walk through the door in the afternoon/evening when he gets home from work. I'm happy to have help with the crazy pups and house work again. Now that's he's home we're gearing up for post-deployment leave and then trying to return to a normal life.

I'm not making any promises, but hopefully once post-deployment leave is over I can get back to blogging at least semi-regularly.

1 comment:

Nonna said...

You're right your mom is awesome :)