Tuesday, September 7, 2010

I can't tell you how many times I have sat down to write this post then just deleted what was written and walked away. Words can not explain what I feel for my friend whose love was KIA in Afghanistan this past week. I cannot imagine the pain that she must be going through yet I wish I could take on the burden for her even if just for a moment. I know that there is a great community of Marine significant others who stand behind her along with her other friends and family as she welcomes her Marine home and lays him to rest. I just wish we could do more for her. I wish that tragedies such as these weren't part of our reality as Marine spouses, fiances, girlfriends, etc. With a deployment lurking in our forseeable future I wish I had the certainty that every service member everywhere would arrive home alive. For now though all I can do is cherish every moment that my husband is home with me and wait for this deployment (which hasn't even started) to come to an end.

1 comment:

Chrissy said...

My prayers and thoughts are with your friend and with you on this upcoming deployment.